By Shaykh Salman al-Husayni al-Nadwi
Translated by Abu Salih Mu’adh Khan
Your article was published in the local newspapers in which you have tried to defend the Saudi regime on behalf of Jamiatul-Ulamah (India) and you have tried to portray this as a position of Darul-ulooms associated with Darul-uloom Deoband:
- Your father Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) fought against the foreign (British, Italians, French) all his life and Saudia has been sitting in their lap for and helping implement their policies have you thought about that?
- Saudia provided assistance to and backed US in killing nearly 10 million Iraqi and nearly 10 million Afghani Muslims and provided them all manner of support including air bases, have you thought about that?
- Islamic institues running under the Saudi regime call your elder misguided and heretics. Sufees are more misguided according to them then Qadiyanees. Their Islamic universities including Madina university gives MA and Phd degrees in which Shaykh (Maulana) Qasim Nanotwi (RA), Shaykh (Mufti) Rasheed Ahmed Gangohi (RA) and Shaykhul-Islam Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) have been called misguided, people of Bid’ah. Deobandees have been presented like Qadiyanees. Rabi Madkhali calls Deobandees Kaafirs. Haramain has talks against your Akabirs! A Hanafi cannot be a teacher (in one of their universities) let alone Imam of Haram, have you EVER been asked to give a lecture at their Islamic universities
- Should Haramain be served financially, meaningfully OR according to Shariah? Are people (Hajees) guided according to Sunnah? Is free mixing prevented during Hajj?Are the rows upon rows of Hotel chains around Haram not Jewish owned? Are Saudi TV channels not littered with vulgar and naked movies and shows?
- Are the Holy land not entangled in a web of Interest based banks, multi-nationals and free-mixed Shopping centres?
- Did the prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) not advise to KICK the Jews and Christians out of these lands?
- Isn’t the new mixed university named after King Abdullah not criticised by Ulamah? Have you visited it? Have you visited other universities?
- Are other departments apart from Hajj and Religious Affairs according to Islam and Shariah? Are ministries of wealth, sports, culture, labour, internal and foreign affairs run according to Qur’aan and Sunnah?
- Is removing the Islamic Government in Egypt, spending millions on it and installing a Israel backed Government not a crime according to you? Have you not come across the talks of Shaykh Sahybani (HA) and Shaykh Shuraim (HA), if not then ask one of your students to present it to you! What about speeches of Shaykh Al-Arifi (HA) and Shaykh Aidh Al-Qarni (HA)? These are Ulamah with guts and not those who submit to the throne!
- Did you not know the situation in Syria and millions who have been killed and persecuted? Turkish Government is spending on these refugess while Saudi borders are closed! Same for Yemeni, Joradnian and other refugees. If you don’t know then consult Ulamah from Syria, Yemen and Jordanian Ulamah as to how is backing the oppresive regimes. In case of Tunis, Saudees have actually given sanctuary to the Dictator
- You lambast policies about Indian (youth who are being rounded up by Indian Government but Saudia has imprisoned much more and only because they want reforms and some of these are authentic Ulamah
- Do you not know that Saudi Arabia is being run as personal property of Al-Saud? They spend millions on drinking, debauchery, gambling and other sins. If you are in doubt, ask those (in private) who serve the Royal family
- Have you seen the properties of wealthy Saudees and princes? Have you witnessed the western (unIslamic) lifestyles of their women and absense of Hijab? Was this the reason for the Prophethood of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam)? Is support for unIslamic forces and interests and backing the “Salafi” ideology not crimes? Do you think that the Yazeed (system of Government) was better then the actions and rebellion of Sayyidina Hussain (RA)?
- Did you froget the fear of Allah (SWT), Fear of day of judgement, behavior (legacy) of our Ulamah and their abstinence from wealth and wealth when backing and trying to support the Saudi regime?
- Are obtaining VISAS and some official and most unofficial support (from Saudia) worth more to you then the legacy of your Akabir, your Aqeedah and your Maslak?
- Do the Ulamah, students and supporters of Darul-uloom Deoband really back you on this weak, Anti-Shariah and selfish position (of yours)?
I invite you to call for a referundum amongst Deobandees and their affiliated institues
That leaves Salafees who have nobody in front and nobody behind them! Their shop is being run with Saudi goods. Their peddlers go from village to town cursing your elders, ripping your books, and spreading hatred against Tableeghi Jamaat, Deobandees and Hanafees. They are ripping apart commnities and Mosques. YOUR Darul-uloom stands up to them, print books, do debates but YOU on the behest of Saudi consulate stand shoulder to shoulder with these (Salafees) and want to hide the sins of Saudi regime.
What can any self-respecting (Ghayrat-Mand) resident of sub-continent do at this behavior except to lament!